Aura Glass Art & Aura Creations bring a variety of Galileo Thermometers and Combo Weather Stations from Global Village Glass Studios and G W Schleidt.
A Galileo Thermometer demonstrate a unique method of telling temperature that was discovered by Galileo Galilei (1564-1642).
This intriguing combination of old and new technologies keeps you abreast of changes in time, temperature, humidity and barometric pressure through the use of the Combo Weather Station Model 584. Create your own forecasts and track daily trends with these quality instruments.
HOW DO GALILEO THERMOMETERS WORK?
- The Galileo Thermometer is a glass cylinder filled with colorful spheres that neasure the correct temperature based on a fascinating scientific principle.
- The Balls inside the tubes have different densities
- When the temperature changes, the balls inside rise and fall
- To read the temperature check the group of balls near the top
- The lowest ball in the group at the top tells the temperature
- If all the balls are at the bottom it is hotter than the highest temperature. If all the balls are at the top it is colder than the lowest temperature.
- WARNING! To avoid inaccurate temperature readings or color fading Galileo Thermometers should not be placed in Direct Sunlight!
- Each Galileo Thermometer is individually boxed with instruction and a brief history.